.PAF.EXE File Extension
- Developer by: The PortableApps.com Project
- Category: Executable Files
- Format: Binary
What are .PAF.EXE files and how to open them?Can't open .PAF.EXE file? Are you wondering what it contains? On our site we will explain to you what this file is, what it is used for and what software opens the .PAF.EXE file.
What is a .PAF.EXE file extension?
.PAF.EXE file extension is created by The PortableApps.com Project. .PAF.EXE has been classified as Executable Files. The format of .PAF.EXE file is Binary.
.PAF.EXE is PortableApps.com Program File
Program file used by the PortableApps.com Platform, a Windows program used to transfer and run programs between computers and portable devices while maintaining program history; contains all program executable files as well as program history and settings.
PAF.EXE applications contain an AppNamePortable top-level directory and three sub-directories: App, Data, and Other.
- AppNamePortable: contains the application launcher, typically named AppNamePortable.exe, and an HTML help file.
- App: includes the application binaries and configuration information; can also contain default data to be copied into the Data directory.
- Data: contains the program user data.
- Other: stores files that don't fit into App or Data, such as images for the help HTML file.
PortableApps programs leave no history on the computer they are run on. For example, they do not add Windows Start Menu entries or registry keys. Therefore, PAF.EXE files can be easily stored and run from external media such as USB keys, external hard drives, or network storage devices.