How to Open .IDY file on different platforms
Open .IDY File on Windows
- Right-click a .IDY
- Left-click "Open With" > "Choose another app"
- Select the program that opens .IDY file and Select check box "Always use this app to open .IDY files" Press "Ok"
Open .IDY File on Mac
- Right-click (or Ctrl + Left-click) the .IDY file
- Click "Open With" > "Other.."
- Then choose another program from the app list and press "Open"
- Select check box "Turn on" for "Always open in app"
Open .IDY File on Linux
Right click on the .IDY file, choose "Open with" and select a program from the list above
Open .IDY File on iPhone
Select a file. If you don't see an application to open the .IDY file, tap "Share" and choose the right app.
Save the file. Then open the app «Files». Touch and hold the file, then release your finger. You will see a black menu bar. After that tap "Share" and select an application.
Open .IDY File on Android
Tap the Settings icon on an Android smartphone, then select «Applications». Click the Settings icon in the upper right corner of the screen, to change the default apps.
If you want to open, edit, save or even convert .IDY files on Android, then your best bet is to download one of the dedicated apps available on Google Play.
How to fix problems with .IDY files
- You need to update the application that you normally use to open .IDY files. Only the latest version of the software supports the current .IDY file format
- You need to check the .IDY file for viruses. To do this, you need to scan it with a popular antivirus (Norton, Nod32, Kaspersky, Dr.Web, etc.)