Can't open .FOUNTAIN file? Are you wondering what it contains? On our site we will explain to you what this file is, what it is used for and what software opens the .FOUNTAIN file.
.FOUNTAIN file extension has been classified as Text Files. The format of .FOUNTAIN file is Text
Text file created by screenwriting applications, such as Storyist; contains UTF-8 text written in screenplay format using simple Fountain-specific syntax; can be opened by any text editor and easily shared.
Some basic syntax guidelines for a FOUNTAIN file include:
- Character names are in upper case.
- Dialogue follows immediately after Character on the next line.
- Scene headings begin with INT, IEXT, EST, INT./EXT, INT/EXT, and I/E followed by a period or space.
- Transitions end in "T0:".
- Parentheticals are contained in parentheses.
Visit the Fountain site to learn more about the syntax.
To create a FOUNTAIN file in Storyist:Select and choose the items you want to export.Select "Fountain Script (.fountain)" from the Format drop down menu, click Next....Select any export options you want, click Next... again, name the file, choose the save location, and click Export.
To import a FOUNTAIN file in Storyist, select , navigate to your file, and click Import.... Then, choose your import options in the Import Assistant, select "Next", and click Import.