.CXI File Extension
- Developer by: Applied Biosystems
- Category: Camera Raw Files
What is an .CXI file?
.CXI is FMAT RAW Image
Image created by FMAT 8100 HTS System, an instrument used to study human cells; contains RAW image data of scanned specific wells or a whole plate of beads.
CXI images can be viewed in three different ways:
- Grayscale - Shows relative intensities
- Histogram - Shows three-dimensional height display that show relative intensities
- Two Color - Shows the Dye A and B events with selected colors but does not display relative intensities
Once created, CXI image files are placed in the "Images" folder. Each images subfolder contains a CXI image file for each scanned well. The CXI image file will be named according to the location of the scanned well. For example, Img02x0C.cxi indicates that the image data was taken from a well in column 2 and row C.
A CXI image can be exported to the JPEG format through the FMAT program. Select, choose the folder you'd like to place the file from the "Look in" drop down menu, name the file, and click .